Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm a Texas Doodle Dandy

Yep I am a Texas Doodle Dandy.. What in the world do i mean by
that? I haven't a clue. I just like the song, but I can't sing it
cause it says I'm a "Yankee" Doodle Dandy and well I ain't.. i am
from Texas. Best state with the best shape..
Just got back from the Southwest Regional Folk Alliance in Austin.
It was BIG fun and very rewarding on many levels. I meet lots of
great songwriters, heard lots of great songs, got inspired and fired
up to get busy writing and playing more. I ran the open mic two
different times during the four day event. The first night ,Thursday,
I managed to get 47 out of 59 songwriters up ..WOW..it went really
well and everyone was very cooperative. Anyway, I scored a couple of
house concerts and was invited to Canada and Colorado..So for me it
was good.
Back home and gearing up for the next H!X CD release Party Party
Wahoo in Marble Falls Tx. on Saturday November 10 at the River City
Grille. This is going to be a BIG FUN GIG...
Well keep looking up and keep giving thanks for living in the
greatest country on the planet, land of the free, home of the brave.
Pray for the troops who keep us safe over here, and I'll see ya' down
the trail. your musical pal CBM
--
Claude"Butch" Morgan
603 Windy Knoll
Devine,Texas 78016
cell: 210.884.1572
http://www.butchmorgan.com

No comments: