Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Year

Ok Ok, I accept it.. It's 2008 and i can not do anything about it.
What a great year 2007 was and i look forward to more great things
this year.
My wife and i are in the process of finishing our house, it was
built in 1923. It was in pretty bad shape when we bought her and we
have been steadily bringing her back around. New foundation, big
bedroom addition, washroom, etc, but with my schedule getting more
and more full, i have had no time , or energy, to really dedicate to
finishing up our many, as yet undone projects, BUT, we have a man in
the family who is great at remodeling and we have hired him to come
in and do what needs to be done so we can get it finished. New roof,
new energy efficient windows, major kitchen remodel, new floors,
insulation and yes Air conditioning. It will take about 3 months. I
will be hiring on as one of his helpers and that will save us some
money. All this was made possible by my wife's lovely mother,
Earline, who upon her recent passing, left us a little nest egg that
we are using for this project.
Just purchased an old school bus which we will set up on our
property and use as Barbara's Art studio. This has long been a little
dream of her's to have a bus, so for Christmas I bought her one and
it is being delivered this week. So little by little we are getting
our place fixed up nicely.
Once we get the major work done I will be starting a monthly house
concert series here. It's all very exciting and time consuming. I
hope it will help create some space for Barbara and I to get back to
our creative selves and start producing in our respective fields
again.
I said that this year i was going to take it a little easier and
not play as much and dedicate myself to writing more, this is still
my goal. I have 30 or 40 songs in various stages of completion but
have lacked the time or energy to get the work done. But hey, i have
a whole new year ahead of me and i am looking forward and i am
looking up.. Your friend and fan Claude"Butch"Morgan
PS Forgot to mention this, but i just got my old Gibson Les Paul
(1958) Black Beauty, back together again. It has been apart since
1984. Man it is beautiful, I am having to learn to play all over
again, it is such a great guitar.
--
Claude"Butch" Morgan
603 Windy Knoll
Devine,Texas 78016
cell: 210.884.1572
http://www.butchmorgan.com

No comments: